Each year the Wenatchee Panther Booster Club offers an academic/athletic scholarship to high achieving student athletes at WHS. The selection committee focuses on academic achievement as well as athletic participation and achievement. $500 is awarded to 2-4 deserving athletes that are able to maintain at least a 3.0 GPA and must have lettered in at least one varsity sport. The committee will also consider involvement in Wenatchee Athletics outside of varsity letters. Financial need is not a requirement, but determination to overcome obstacles can be considered by the committee. A coach’s nomination and a thoughtful essay based on leadership prompts are important in the selection process.
Information on the scholarship can be found on the Wenatchee High School Money Book page (http://whs.wsd.wednet.edu/Faculty/Counseling/ScholarshipListing.html) and an application packet can be picked up at the WHS Counseling office.
Applicant must have GPA of 3.0 or above and must have lettered in one varsity sport during high school, financial need is not a requirement.
Submit form documenting athletic participation at WHS, a coach’s nomination, copy of transcript, and complete a leadership essay.
$500, 2-4 awarded each year.
Athletic director and three Panther Booster Club board members
- 2016 - Coming soon...
- 2015 - Gabby Waterman, Adam Chvilicek, Cole Cristman, Elena Kahn
- 2014 - Tommy Higley, Marit McQuaig, Jacqueline Bollinger, Katie Cordes
- 2013 - Ali Everhart, Hector Alvarez, Carly Rix, Carson Grater
- 2012 - Robin Weigel, Peter Siderius, Connor Black, Kara Rockstad, Rachael Tamngin
- 2011 - Joe Cordes, Taylor Christensen, Angel Guerra
- 2010 - Hanna Gustafson, Cam Young, Justin Vadez, Skye Pauly
- 2009 - Briggs Helton, Audrey Bastian, Karlie Neff, Emily Martin