Each year the Wenatchee Panther Booster Club offers an academic/athletic scholarship to high achieving student-athletes at WHS. The selection committee focuses on academic achievement as well as athletic participation and achievement. $500 is awarded to 2-4 deserving athletes that are able to maintain at least a 3.0 GPA and must have lettered in at least one varsity sport. The committee will also consider involvement in Wenatchee Athletics outside of varsity letters. Financial need is not a requirement, but determination to overcome obstacles can be considered by the committee. A coach’s nomination and a thoughtful essay based on leadership prompts are important in the selection process.
Applicant must have GPA of 3.0 or above and must have lettered in one varsity sport during high school, financial need is not a requirement.
Submit form documenting athletic participation at WHS, a coach’s nomination, copy of transcript, and complete a leadership essay.
The Panther Booster Club will offer a total of 4 scholarships for the 2019-2020 academic year. Two $1000 Scholarships will be awarded as well as two $500 Honorable Mention scholarships to graduating seniors from Wenatchee High School.
Athletic director and three Panther Booster Club board members
- 2021 - Mckenna White, Joseph Dorey, and Molli Cordes
- 2020- Cameron Wheeler and Connor Elwyn
- 2019 - Elizabeth Chvilicek, Shelby Fromm, and Kaylynn Noyd
- 2018 - Spencer Rickel and Grace Black
- 2017 - Anna Davenport and Matthew Springer
- 2016 - Kayli Brown, Emma Carlson, Evelyn Hyde, and Alison Osgood
- 2015 - Gabby Waterman, Adam Chvilicek, Cole Cristman, Elena Kahn
- 2014 - Tommy Higley, Marit McQuaig, Jacqueline Bollinger, Katie Cordes
- 2013 - Ali Everhart, Hector Alvarez, Carly Rix, Carson Grater
- 2012 - Robin Weigel, Peter Siderius, Connor Black, Kara Rockstad, Rachael Tamngin
- 2011 - Joe Cordes, Taylor Christensen, Angel Guerra
- 2010 - Hanna Gustafson, Cam Young, Justin Vadez, Skye Pauly
- 2009 - Briggs Helton, Audrey Bastian, Karlie Neff, Emily Martin