Booster Club Annual Support Projects
- Produce two thousand copies of three souvenir sports programs each year, one for each season. These programs are completely paid for by our business sponsors and are distributed free to students and fans.
- Purchase all certificates, pins, letters and "state participant" t-shirts earned by athletes and presented by the WHS athletic department.
- Award 2 $1000 scholarships to graduating student-athletes at WHS. Student or parents must be current Booster Club members.
- Fund the WHS Athletic Hall of Fame program. The Booster Club underwrites Inductee plaques, programs and reception.
- Purchase commemorative blankets for outstanding senior athletes inducted into Panther Gold, Diamond and Platinum clubs.
- Provide concession stand services at all panther contests held in the WHS gyms, Apple Bowl and Recreation Park.
- Coordinate and sell "Spirit" clothing and items to Panther students and fans.
Booster Club Major Projects - COMPLETED
- $2200 to purchase tent for track and cross country to use at meets.
- $6700 for a new set of soccer goals at the Apple Bowl.
- $500 for practice mats for the Apple-ettes/Pantherettes.
- $500 for mats for the cheer team.
- $600 for ASB to support the inagural "Kitty Litter" game.
- 2015-16: $3100 for a timing system to be used by Track and Cross Country.
- $6000 paid out for Apple Bowl speaker system. $350 for Unified Basketball start up support.
- $6,000 to starting block for pool
- Contributed $3,100 to Track timing system
- Contributed $730 to Fastpitch pitching machine
- $2,000 to athletes in need
- In process of securing timing system for track and cross country
- $2,500 to support athletes in need
- $6,000 to new starting blocks in the swimming pool
- $2,500 to new scoreboard in main gym
- $4,000 to new speaker system in Apple Bowl
- $20,000 to repair track storage building
- $4,000 to paint and refinish main gym floor
- Purchased record boards for the main gym lobby, update annually with new school records.
- Purchased and installed trophy cases for WHS Athletics entrance.
- Purchased new chairs for athlete use during contests held in WHS gyms: wrestling, basketball and volleyball.
- Installed new sport lockers in both locker rooms.
Next On The List
|1-5 year projects||$160,000|
|Apple Bowl||Football||Ticket booth||$5,000|
|Apple Bowl||Soccer||Soccer storage||$5,000|
|Apple Bowl||Soccer||Soccer goals||$8,000|
|Rec Park||Baseball||Safety upgrades (padding, dugouts, netting, bullpen)||$20,000|
|Track||Track||Pole vault pit||$20,000|
|6-10 Year Projects|
|Practice field||Football||Hitting sled||$8,000|
|Practice field||Football||Practice goal posts||$7,000|
|Track||Track||Facilities (bathrooms, concessions, bleachers)|
|Track||Track||Moving long jump pit, pole vault area, Discus, Javelin|
|Apple Bowl||Football, soccer||Field turf|
|Tennis Courts||Tennis||New courts|
|Pool||Swim, Dive||Tiles, painted, refinish|
|Gym||Basketball, wrestling, volleyball||Refinish|